Data Protection & Privacy Statement
This Data Protection and Privacy Statement has been developed to provide assurance to you in relation to Sage Advocacy’s commitment to maintaining your privacy. Sage Advocacy clg. is the Data Controller, for the purposes of the Irish Data Protection Acts 1988 to 2018 (as amended), the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), and the 2011 “ePrivacy Regulations” (S.I. No. 336 of 2011 – the European Communities (Electronic Communications Networks and Services) (Privacy And Electronic Communications) Regulations 2011).
The Data Protection Officer has overall responsibility for ensuring that all personal information received is handled in compliance with the General Data Protection Regulation (2016/679). Our Data Protection Officer can be contacted on 01-5367330 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sage Advocacy collects information and personal data through correspondence with us by phone, email, post, drop-ins to the office, visitors to our website, and on CCTV at our office on 24-26 Ormond Quay Upper, Dublin 7.
- Personal Data – this includes any information that identifies you, for example, your name, address, contact details, age, location, gender. This information will be collected if you submit it to us yourself, or where you have consented to a Third-Party contacting us on your behalf.
- ‘Special Category’ or Sensitive information – These categories include race and ethnicity, religious beliefs, political opinions, health/medical information, data related to sexuality and trade union membership.
- From you – When you use our website, or contact Sage Advocacy to make enquires or seek our service, you may give us your personal data which will be recorded with your consent so that we can assist you.
- From others (Third Parties) – with your consent our Sage Representatives may obtain further information relating to your case from other stakeholder professionals/organisations, i.e. your GP, Social Worker, Public Health Nurse, Carers, family members.
We collect personal information to enable us to respond to your queries, enquiries, requests for information and advocacy service. With your consent we may also collect ‘special category’ or sensitive information from you or about you if it is necessary to support our work with you. We will only collect the information that we need in order to provide you with a service.
The lawful basis for Sage Advocacy to process your personal information is that you have given us your consent to process your data so that we can provide you with a service.
We use your data in a number of ways in order to respond to your request, query or advocacy need. This includes:
- Establishing a record for you on our database;
- Storing the documents and correspondence related to your case on our database;
- Corresponding with related services, professionals and family members on your behalf, with your consent;
- Applying for services and/or accessing services on your behalf, with your consent, i.e. Nursing Home Support Scheme, Social Welfare, Home Care Package, Medical Card, etc.
- Applying for Garda Vetting for staff and volunteers;
- Recording queries and responses relating to recruitment of staff and volunteers with Sage Advocacy;
- To distribute our Newsletter, The Sage Page;
With your consent we may share your personal data with third-parties, i.e. stakeholder professionals/organisations when it is necessary to support the case work we are doing with, and for you.
It may also be necessary for us to share your information without your consent under the following circumstances:
- If there is a serious risk to your wellbeing and safety, or to the safety of others;
- If subpoenaed by a Court of Law;
- If disclosure is made about the safeguarding of a child or vulnerable adult.
Sage Advocacy will only share your information in the circumstances above. Otherwise, we do not share or transfer data to any organisations or other jurisdictions. Furthermore, we have contracted with external ICT companies to manage the storage, back up and security of our digital and telephone systems. These companies are compliant with the GDPR 2018.
Sage Advocacy endeavours to protect all personal information in its possession from being accessed, lost, deleted or damaged unlawfully or without proper authorisation through the use of data security measures.
Maintaining data security means making sure that:
- We primarily store your personal data in a secured digital format;
- Only people who are authorised to use the information can access it;
- Information collected is accurate and suitable for the purpose for which it is processed;
- Personal information will be stored on our secure client database only, and not on individual computers.
- We work only with Third-Parties who have transparent and compliant privacy and data protection policies. Our contracts bind them to keeping your information confidential, and using the information purely for the purpose for which it was intended.
- You have the right to be informed about the collection, use and protection of your personal data by Sage Advocacy.
- You have the right of access to request a copy of your personal data that is held by Sage Advocacy. You can do so by submitting a request in writing, or filling in our Subject Access Request Form and returning it to the Data Protection Officer at 24-26 Ormond Quay Upper, Dublin 7, or email email@example.com.
- You have the right to have your data rectified, restricted or erased. If you consider that any of your personal information held by Sage Advocacy is inaccurate, and you would like it amended and/or deleted, you should contact our Data Protection Officer.
- You have the right to data portability. This means you can request Sage Advocacy to transfer your personal data to another data controller.
- You have the right to object to the use of your data, i.e. being used for marketing or profiling purposes, or automated processing.
- You have the right to not be affected by a decision based on automated decision making and profiling. Sage Advocacy does not use your data for automation or profiling.
- You have the right to lodge a complaint with the Data Protection Commission in relation to the management of your personal data by Sage Advocacy.
This statement is subject to change and any such changes to our statement will be posted on our website without prior notification. Contact the Data Protection Officer on (01) 5367330 or firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions about your data privacy.